The past eight months have not been good and it is why I’ve decided to come back to blogging.Â Since last summer my headaches have come back with a vengeance and I’m in pain every single day without fail.Â Here’s me in a few short sentences.
- I have cluster headaches, not simply migraines. This fact has been made very clear to me and I’m finally listening to my neurologist this cycle.
- I’m keeping a very good migraine diary. My iPhone app sucks and I need to rewrite it to be more suitable for all experiences.
- My medication trials were not good enough in the past and I’m re-trialing Topamax, zonisamide and melatonin.Â I’m even going today to discuss testosterone therapy with my neurologist – something I’ve discovered through NIH research.
- I’m having 3-5 headaches a day, all on my left side. My nose drains, eye typically waters.Â They last from 5 minutes to 15 minutes to 30 minutes.Â Some last hours.Â If I do not medicate they can go away on their own.Â Typically I have to medicate with an NSAID like Tylenol or Alleve.Â I am taking way too many NSAIDs.
- In the last three months I’ve documented 235 headaches.
I plan on giving a better catch up soon.Â I wanted to post something to get the ball rolling.