Bluetooth Headset

There is a guy that walks around where I work with his bluetooth headset on all day long. He goes into the bathroom with it, the elevator, and into meetings. Since when do you have to be poised to get a call 24×7? Take the headset off and put it into your pocket. When you get a call that lasts longer than a minute, put it on. Simple as that. The blue light on it gives me a headache too!! Seriously.

Then I found this post today on the 37 Signals blog. Holy crap you need to read the comments.

Categories: Headaches

Artin

I'm a 20-something full time geek, part time student and photographer with a life partner, dog, house, and the two cars. I also have an ice pick in my left temple every day.

6 Comments

ErinM · July 19, 2007 at 8:53 AM

Wow… I couldn’t believe the comments. I think I was most shocked at the person who took the post as racial criticism. Give me a break.

MelissaB · October 22, 2008 at 2:57 PM

I’ve been getting severe headaches from my bluetooth ear piece. At least, I think it’s related. I have the Motorola H690. The headaches come whenever the bluetooth is in my ear and turned on. I don’t necessarily need to be talking but it is when it is in the “on” position. Does anyone else suffer from this? I’ve tried returning my bluetooth but the electronic store where I purchased it refused it’s return due to it being over 45 days since I purchased it..

Any recommendations? This is the 2nd one I’ve tried..

Artin · October 22, 2008 at 3:05 PM

It’s possible the bluetooth headsets are emanating a high-pitched noise that isn’t bothersome in a short time but is perceivable by your brain. I’d suggest using it in a very quiet room and see if you can notice any squeal.

faruk divelli · October 8, 2009 at 10:26 AM

i have recently started using i a jawbone blutooth earpiece and i have not been getting any headaches for the first couple of month, but started getting the headaches last couple of weeks, when i dont use the earpiece i feel ok, the symptoms is headaches and kind of pin and needle pain as well on the side of my head.I am quite worried when i see other people have similer syptoms.I worried about my health.

Sol · December 9, 2009 at 11:17 AM

is their a solution to this headace maybe another model would help, since i have the same problem using a bluetooth.

Pain in the Head » Blog Archive » Wikipedia Find - Bluetooth Name Origins · January 11, 2008 at 2:20 PM

[…] known this for a while but I wanted to post it since I did have a Public Service Announcement about my disdain for the damn blinking blue light on bluetooth headsets […]